- Member Contact Information: We will collect personal information that you provide to us, including, but not limited to, your name, designation(s), employer’s name, job title, mailing address(es), e-mail address(es), telephone number(s), fax number, and photograph. Such information is necessary to facilitate your access to, use of, purchase of, or participation in our service and product offerings, including, but not limited to: membership; events, meetings, or conferences; educational programs; and online forums. Please note that you may decline to share your personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with certain aspects of our services or products.
- Member Background Information: We will collect background information that you provide to us, including, but not limited to, your date of birth, ethnicity, gender, biography, primary job role, job functions, job history, education, professional memberships, areas of interest, social media handles, honors and awards. Such information is collected to analyze member background and improve the member experience.
Association Forum uses the information that we collect to provide our services and products and to operate our our association. We may use and store such information for legitimate and lawful business purposes, for example, in order to:
- Provide a service or product you requested;
- Secure your membership status;
- Fulfill your membership benefits;
- Analyze and evaluate member and prospective member needs and interests, and improve the member and prospective member experience;
- Notify you of Association Forum official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, and benefits;
- Send occasional email communications on behalf of vendors;
- Track event, meeting, and conference attendance;
- Track education related activities;
- Prepare invoices and process payments;
- Respond to communications and inquiries that you send to us;
- Respond to a notice of alleged copyright infringement;
- Promote the function, safety, and security of our services; and
- For other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
To the extent we rely on our legitimate interests as a legal basis to collect, use, share, or otherwise process your personal data, those interests include: providing a product or service you requested; securing your membership status; fulfilling your membership benefits; analyzing and evaluating member and prospective member needs and interests, and improving the member and prospective member experience; notifying you of Association Forum official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, and benefits; sending occasional email communications on behalf of vendors; tracking event, meeting, and conference attendance; tracking education related activities; preparing invoices and process payments; responding to communications and inquiries that you send to us; responding to a notice of alleged copyright infringement; and promoting the function, safety, and security of our services.
Personal information may be given to a third party in order to complete a specific business transaction on behalf of Association Forum. Such transactions may include the following:
- Your name and contact information, as provided to Association Forum, may be shared with Association Forum members to provide a service, satisfy a question, or develop a prospective business relationship. We are not responsible for members’ use or misuse of your personal information.
- Your name and contact information, as provided to Association Forum, may appear on registration or attendee lists distributed at Association Forum programs, events, meetings, and conferences to other attendees, including members, and other third parties, including, but not limited to, exhibitors or sponsors. We are not responsible for use or misuse of your personal information by exhibitors, sponsors, or the like.
- We may share your personal information with third-parties that provide services to Association Forum including, but not limited to, administration/operation support; marketing, promotions, and communications; program, event, meeting, or conference enrollment, registration, planning, hosting, or management; website hosting; database management; or other data processing.
- We also may disclose personal information if we become subject to a subpoena, court order, or law enforcement or other government agency inquiry or investigation or if we are otherwise legally required to disclose such information. We also may use and disclose information about you to establish or exercise our legal rights, to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
- If all or part of Association Forum is merged into or otherwise transferred to another entity, we may transfer the personal information you provided to us to such entity as part of that transaction.
Association Forum takes your privacy and the protection of your personal information seriously, and we will provide you with reasonable access to and control of the personal information that you have provided to us. You may request to update your personal information or to opt in to or opt out of any service offerings at any time.
We employ reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to safeguard your personal information and to help protect against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, please be aware that no method of electronic transmission is completely infallible, and we cannot guarantee its absolute safety. We encourage you to use reasonable care in how you handle and disclose your personal information, user name(s), and password(s). If you become aware of any breach of Site security, please contact us immediately.